Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life in Miami

So, I'm currently sitting on my balcony with an amazing view of the bay or the city that is Miami, all depending on which way you prefer. I've discovered some things I love and some things that take some getting used to here in Miami. I'll start with things I love... 1.) Weather - The weather is amazing. The non-scientific average temp since I've been here is probably around 75 degrees. In case you have a hard time referencing that, it's perfect for hanging out at a pool, sitting on a balcony, walking around Miami, etc. 2.) Fitness - The level of attractive fit bodies here in Miami has motivated me to get my butt in gear with working out. It's a whole new level for me. I have now set goals I hope to b attainable for where I want to be, with respect to how fast I can run, weight, etc. 3.) People Not Driving - This is something I like and something I don't like, so I'm not sure where to truly classify it. People here seem to be pretty friendly, as long as they're not behind the steering wheel of a car. You can get on an elevator and people say hello, eat at a restaurant and people seem to be interested in what's going on, go to work and people care about more than just you getting your job done. People Driving (One dislike worth noting here) - Man, talk about Yellow meaning speed the hell up. You have to give a hard 5 second pause when a light turns green or you're likely to get run over in this town. I've also discovered that a lot of people don't know that you should use blinkers to change lanes. Overall, things in Miami have been good. I'm starting to venture out a little beyond just my route to and from work. Miami seems to have things going on every weekend. It reminds me a lot of Austin in that aspect. Anyways, that's enough for now. Hope you're all well.

Found out recently a picture of me is a hit at a local museum... haha

No comments: